In the UK
, the State Bank of India (UK) Limited debit card is available with current accounts and the Instant Access Savings Account1
– which offers an attractive interest rate and free money transfers to India2
. You also benefit from:
- Free cash withdrawals from any ATM displaying the MasterCard logo1
, you benefit from:
- Free cash withdrawals from over 40,000 SBI ATMs
- Attractive exchange rates on Rupee withdrawals
For reporting lost or stolen cards:
For more information, please call 0800 532 532
or visit your nearest branch.
Contact centre is now open 24/7.
¹Free cash withdrawals from SBI ATMs in India & UK ATMs with the MasterCard logo. Charges apply for international transactions.
²Transactions are free for account holders who maintain their minimum monthly balance in accordance with the terms and conditions of their account. Otherwise charges apply.
Unsure about something? See if the answer to your question is here.
Debit card queries
1. Can I use my State bank of India (UK) Limited debit card for free, or will I be charged?
You can use your State Bank of India (UK) Limited Debit card free of charge in all UK bank ATMs. However, you might incur a usage charge at non-bank ATMs.
2. Can I use my State Bank of India (UK) Limited debit card in India?
Yes, you can use your debit card for free at over 40,000* State Bank of India-group ATMs across India.
3. Do I need to tell you when I am traveling abroad?
Yes, since your account is monitored for unusual activity, please tell us when you're traveling abroad so we know when to expect international card use - otherwise your debit card could be blocked due to fraud prevention. Please note, we automatically block accounts for unusual foreign transactions, so let us know before you travel, and also when you are back in the UK. It will only take a few minutes to set up, and it will reduce the chance of us declining a holiday transaction on your debit card. Simply call Customer Services on 0800 532 532 if calling from UK, and 00 44 207 454 4338 from outside UK. If you have a joint current account you will both need to notify us for each card.
4. Can I use my State Bank of India (UK) Limited debit card for telephone transaction or mail order?
No, unfortunately, you cannot use your State Bank of India (UK) Limited debit card for telephone or mail order transactions (i.e., transactions where only the card number is written with/without a signed authorisation). You can only use your State Bank of India (UK) Limited debit card where it can be physically swiped, or through merchant sites that mandate Mastercard SecureCode.
5. How do I register for MasterCard Secure Code?
You can register your card for MasterCard Secure Code, while performing the first online transaction with your SBI UK debit card.
6. I’ve received my debit card what is the next step?
Please call our call centre on 0800 532 532, 24/7, to confirm the safe receipt of your debit card and request for your PIN. The PIN will be sent to you within 3-5 working days from the time you have called us. On receipt of your PIN, please use your debit card first in an ATM in UK to activate your card. You can do so by either withdrawing cash, balance enquiry or by changing your PIN .
7. What is the daily limit for using SBI UK debit card?
Withdraw up to £ 300 / day from any ATM and up to £5000 a day for point of sale and online transactions as long as you have sufficient funds in your account.
8. How do I change my PIN?
You can change the PIN at any ATM machine in UK, once you’ve entered your existing PIN.
9. My card has been lost / stolen. What should I do?
If your card is lost or stolen, contact us immediately on 0800 532 532. Please ensure to keep the account number in hand for better service. You’ll also get replacement debit cards upon request to UK contact centre on 0800 532 532 and it should reach you in 7 to 10 working days. The new card we send you will have a different number. So if you’ve registered your old card’s details anywhere – eg with online shopping sites or for regular payments such as your gym memberships or insurance premiums – please contact the companies and give them your new card details.
10. Will I get charged for using my debit card at ATM?
IN UK: Free cash withdrawal while using any of the High Street Bank ATM which has MasterCard logo on it.
SBI ATM – India
Free cash withdrawal and better conversion rate while using SBI ATM in India.
In case if you see any charges for using SBI ATM in India, these charges will be reversed back into your account.
Charges apply for all other ATM / POS transactions outside UK.
Contactless card FAQ's
1. Why contactless payment failed but the same worked when used as a CHIP and PIN?
After 3 to 5 continuous payments via contactless mode at POS, a payment needs to be made using CHIP and PIN transaction. This precaution confirms that the user is in the rightful user, limiting any potential fraud should the card be lost or stolen.
2. If I touch the reader twice wills my payment gets duplicated?
3. Will I get charged for making contactless transactions?
There is no charge for making contactless transactions within UK. You will be charged if contactless transactions are made outside UK at per the terms & conditions.
4. Can I use my card to touch in London buses / train stations?
Yes, our contactless debit cards can be used on London buses/ train stations.
Continuous payments via contactless mode at POS are limited up to £100 thereafter a payment needs to be made using CHIP and PIN transaction. This precaution confirms that the user is in the rightful user, limiting any potential fraud should the card be lost or stolen.
5. Can I make cashback transactions using contactless?
Our debit card does not support cashback facility at POS (point of sales) terminal.
6. Will I get a text message for making contactless transactions?
No. Only if there is a debit of more than GBP 50 in one transaction you will get a text message. Using contactless facility you can pay only upto GBP 30 per transaction.
7. I already hold a SBI UK debit card, can I still request for contactless debit card? Will I get charged for requesting new card?
There is no charge for requesting contactless debit card. Please call our call centre on 0800 532 532 (24/7).
8. What if I'm not interested in making contactless transactions?
You can still use your card in the normal way using the CHIP and PIN.
9. How to contact you about lost and stolen card?
If your card has been lost or stolen, call us on 0800532532 immediately, the lines will be working 24/7.