If you are visiting us in person, please bring the following with you:
- photo Identification
- proof of your address
Please bring two separate documents – we can’t accept one document only as your proof of Identification and proof of address – and make sure they’re the originals.
We accept the following documents only:
||Proof of address
- Current signed UK/EU Passport
- All other signed passports with a valid UK Visa
- A U.K. armed forces identity card
- A current UK/EEA (European Economic Area) photo-card driving license
- UK armed-forces identity card
- An identity card issued by the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland
- For Non – UK customers opening Non-Resident Accounts;
- An overseas driving license, social security cards issued by respective Governments or a valid voters ID (this should contain name of the issuing authority, full name, date of birth, address and photograph and signature of the customer)
- Council tax bill (not more than 12 months old)
- Utility bill (not more than three months old)
- Current full UK photocard driving licence
- Bank or building society statement (not more than three months old)
If you are sending your application by post, please send us:
- at least one certified photo Identification
- at least one certified proof of address
- a cheque payable to yourself or your organisation for the sum you wish to deposit in your new account – this should be drawn on your existing UK bank account and must be for at least the minimum amount specified for the type of account that you wish to open.<l=>
To certify your documents, you’ll need to ask a banker, solicitor or public notary to sign them.
If you are opening a Current Account or Instant Access Savings Account and sending your application by post, please also send us:
- copy of your latest salary slip OR
- a recent bank statement showing a direct salary payment from your employer.
Download an application form
All the interest we pay you, on or after 6 April 2016 will be without any tax deducted i.e. paid at gross rate. If the total amount of interest you receive exceeds any Personal Savings Allowance to which you are entitled, it is your responsibility to ensure this tax is paid.
How to apply
It’s quick and easy to apply. Before you do, have you checked you are eligible for this account? See the eligibility criteria.
Ready to open the Online Instant Access Savings Account?
Read more about this account >
Call centre opening hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday - 9am to 6pm
Thursday - 9am to 5pm effective from 02 March 2017
Saturday - 9am to 3pm
Sunday - Closed